Position- Research assistant with a bioinformatics specialisation
Multi-omic technologies (genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic, proteomic, etc.) are new powerful approaches used in the understanding of biological mechanisms. However, those experimentations generate an important amount of heterogeneous data. This heterogeneity as well as the complexity of those multi-omic data requires the development of second generation analysis tools.
The development of these tools is a central point in the research program of the Canada Research Chair in the Environment and Genetics of Respiratory Disorders and Allergy established in the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC). Based on multi-omics approaches, our team aim to contribute to a better understanding of the roles of key mediators in the biology of allergic diseases, including asthma.
To achieve this objective, our team must be completed by a research assistant specialized in bioinformatics.
Position, tasks and responsibilities
The tasks and responsibilities are:
- Management of raw data obtained from multi-omic instruments (GWAS and EWAS data; DNA, RNA and methylation sequences, etc.);
- Management of post-processing analysis pipelines (QC, normalisation, sequence alignement and usable data including fold-change value between phenotypes, genetic variations, etc.);
- Management of intern and public databases (Big data).
- The candidates must be holders of a baccalaureate in bioinformatics, biosatistics or in a equivalent field;
- Master and doctorate degree in bioinformatics, biosatistics or in an equivalent field is an assets.
- Analysis of multi-omic data obtained from next-generation sequencing;
- Software development under Linux operating system;
- Development in Bash language;
- High-performance calculation;
- Management of pipelines on supercomputers;
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (R, Python or Pearl);
- Knowledge of a basic programming language (C, C++ or Java).
From 48 030$ to 88 4374 annually.
Duration and work schedule
Contract duration of six (6) months with renewal possibility.
Normal schedule: Monday to Friday, principally daytime, but occasionally required presence at nights and/or weekends depending of the needs of the research projects.
If you are interested in this challenge, send you curriculum vitae before may 15 2018, 4:30 pm by e-mail to the Human ressources department to the following address: email@example.com
All applications will be confidentially considered and only retained applicants will be receiving an answer.
Please send you application to:
SERVICE DES RESSOURCES HUMAINES
UNIVERSITÉ DU QUÉBEC À CHICOUTIMI
555, boulevard de l’Université
* The Université du Québec à Chicoutimi subscribe to a program of equality in access to employment and encourages applications from target groups (women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, first nation’s people and disabled persons).