Professeur et ingénieur au département des sciences appliquées, Ing., Ph. D.
- Fellow de l’Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Membre sénior de l’IEEE
- Membre de l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Membre du Conseil International des Grands Réseaux Électriques (CIGRÉ)
- Membre de l’American Standard et Testing and Materials International (ASTM)
- Génie électrique
Axes de recherche
- Isolation électrique et matériaux diélectriques
- Physique de l’arc électrique et phénomènes relatifs
- Problématiques associés au transport et distribution de l’énergie électrique (givrage atmosphérique, pollution, etc.)
- Qualité de l’onde et compatibilité électromagnétique
Services à la communauté scientifique
- Associate Editor: IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation
- Associate Editor: IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Associate editor: Electrical Engineering, Springer
- Guest Editor and academic editor : Energies, MDPI.
- Scientific & Academic Publishing, Editorial Board Member of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Manuscript Review (1 to 6 manuscript/year for most top journals in electrical engineering).
- Dr Fofana has been serving the scientific community through many conferences organizations where he is serving as member, reviewer, session organizer chair or co-chair.
- Since 2018, he is appointed Chair of the IEEE DEIS Technical Committee on Liquid Dielectrics
- Since 2017: elected member of the IEEE DEIS administrative committee (AdCom)
- Since 2017: member of the International Scientific committee of the IEEE International
- Conference on Condition Assessment Techniques in Electrical Systems (CATCON)
- Since 2016: member of the International Scientific committee of the IEEE International Conference on High Voltage Engineering (ICHVE)
- 2014-2015: secretary of the IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP) executive committee
- 2013: publication chair of the IEEE CEIDP executive committee
- Since 2013: elected member of the IEEE CEIDP AdCom.
- Since 2011: member of Technical Program Committee of the International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering (ISH)
- Since 2008: member of Technical Program Committee of the IEEE CEIDP
- Since 2008: member of International Advisory Committee of the IEEE International Conference on Dielectric Liquids (ICDL).
- Dr Fofana is an ASTM D27 committee and CIGRE member where he is active in Working Groups (WK30948 and D1.70) and chair of inter-laboratory studies (ILS 0599 and ILS 0601)
- He is actually also serving the scientific community as associate editor for the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation and the IET Transmissions, Distributions and Generation. Dr Fofana is also academic editor and guest editor for Energies, MDPI in addition to serving as reviewer for most important journals in his research field. Dr Fofana is Discovery Grant of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) review committee member (review approximately 40 grants each year and participate in the meetings for 5 days in February). He also used to review grants from the NSERC, FQRNT, MITACS, Ontario Ministery of Research and Innovation, New Eurasia (Russia).
Prix et reconnaissances
- 2018 : Elected Fellow of the Institition of Engineering and Technologies (IET)
- Since 2018: Appointment as Chair of the DEIS Technical Committee on Liquids Dielectrics
- 2017-2020: Elected IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society DEIS AdCom
- 2016: elected Professionnal of the year 2016 www.repaf.org (Canada)
- 2013 : Louis Elie Beauchamp award in applied Sciences, Mérite scientifique du Saguenay Lac St-Jean (Canada)
- Dr Fofana was granted a research Fellow from the Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Stiftung from November 1997 to August 1999, in 2006 and 2012. The AvH (www.avh.de) grants annually Humboldt-Research-Fellowships to highly-qualified and internationally recognized foreign scholars to perform research in Germany.