Professor , Department of Applied Sciences,
University of Quebec in Chicoutimi.
In August 2018, I joined as an Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Sciences (DSA), at the University of Quebec in Chicoutimi, Québec, Canada.
I have completed my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with specialization in the « Wireless Networks », from Laval University, Quebec City, under the supervision of Prof. Paul Fortier and Prof. Pierre-Martin Tardif.
I was a post-doctoral fellow/research associate and member
Wireless Heterogeneous Sensor Networks in the e-Society Project (WiSense) at the University of Ottawa under Professor Hussein .T. Mouftah.
I was a Technology Advisor for MRS (Mine Radio Systems, now Pyott-Boone Electronics) company between 2010-2011, working on RFID and IoT-based solutions for the mining industry. From 2012 to 2014, I worked as a Senior System Engineer at BLiNQ Networks, Ottawa, in the area of modeling, analysis, and optimization of Sub-6 GHz Mobile Backhaul Networks (WiMAX, LTE). From 2014 to 2018, I worked as Manager of Next-Generation Network (NGN) /VoIP & Emerging Technologies at ItechCenter Labs, Bell Canada.
I am an Editorial Board Member of MDPI Technologies — Open Access Journal. In addition, I am serving as a Guest Editor for several well-reputed journals (please refer to my Communication page for more details). I have served as a Lead Guest Editor for the Journal of Sensors special issue on « Embedded Systems for Mobile Sensors » and Conference Program Chair for HCIS 2021. I am a Senior Member of the IEEE; A member of the IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc), and IEEE-Quebec Section. I am a Member of the OIQ and IEEE Canadian Humanitarian Initiatives Committee (HIC).
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for the Part-Time Professor of the Year Award 2018 ( among 2500 members and lecturers), University of Ottawa.
- Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence – Faculty of Engineering, University of Ottawa, 2018, for the course: « Signals and random process. »
- Bell Canada Merit Platinum Award (2018).
- Bell Canada Merit Gold award (2018, 2014).
- Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence – Faculty of Engineering, University of Ottawa, 2013, for the course: « Applied Electromagnetic. »
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Wisense Project– University of Ottawa.
- Prestigious NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, $40,000 per year, top raked in Electrical and Computer Eng.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Japan Society for the Promotion of Science JSPS (declined).
- Doctoral Research Fund to Support Success ( Laval University).
- Merit Scholarship programs for International students (exemption scholarship program is designed to attract the best students), Laval University.
- LRCS Doctoral Research Scholarship.
- Machine Learning (Stanford University).
- Neural Networks for Machine Learning (University of Toronto).
- Machine Learning – A case study approach (University of Washington).
- Robot Mapping (Universität Freiburg).
- Big Data and Predictive Analytics.
- Wireless Sensor Networks for E-Society.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Industry 4.0 and Mining Industry.
- Power Line Communication and Smart Grid.
Ultra-Reliable and Low Latency (URLLC) Networks.
- Radio Resource Management.
- Distributed Machine Learning in 5G Networks and Beyond.
- Next Generation of Backhaul Networks.
- Modeling and Optimization of Vehicular Networks.
- Self-driving, Automated, and Connected Vehicle.
- Statistical Signal Processing for Localization and Tracking.
- Smart Cities.
- Computing Techniques for Environmental Research and Public Health.
Target collaborative companies
I would like to collaborate with national and international companies with in following domain (but not limited):
- Industry 4.0 and IIoT
- Information communication and technology
- IoT manufacturers
- Smart city (healthcare, intelligent transportation system, energy, etc.)
The following word cloud was created from the titles of all my publications (click to zoom)